Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Punch Scraps and Gel Pen Flowers

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You can't use up creativity.  The more you use it, the more you have. - Maya Angelou
I keep relearning that it's okay to create ugly art, bad art, unfinished art, art without a purpose other than to create.  Why?  Because you are at least tapping into your creativity and honoring it.  You are allowing the flow and not getting in its way with your judgements and concerns.  And, as Maya Angelou says, the more you use it, the more you have!  So release the flow...and see where it takes you!
For this card I once again turned to all the misfit punch shapes sitting on my craft room table.  They didn't have a home so I decided to create a special garden for them.  The punched shapes were sponged, layered and stamped and then placed on the card with some white gel pen stems and leaves.  Is it my best art?  My most special card?  An outstanding display of color and layout?  Who cares!!!!  What it is and what it is meant to be is me releasing the flow of my creativity.  And now, more of that creativity is on its way!!!!! :)

No comments: